About Alkaline Ionized Water
ionizers are not cheap; but they may be one of the most important investments of your life. We want all our clients to understand the basics of alkaline balance. Once you understand you can make a safe, informed choice.
Now it’s as easy as ionized H20 to de-acidify and alkalise.
Until recently the only way to maintain a healthy, consistent pH level in the blood and tissues was to live on 80% alkaline foods such as raw, green-leafed vegetables, maintain a stress-free life as much as possible and forego many of life’s little ‘acidic pleasures’!
The drawback to this type of diet and lifestyle is its cost, (fresh organic vegetables are both expensive and often hard to find in convenient fresh quantities), and its impossibility – for most of us, today’s lifestyle is stressful, like it or not.
This section will guide you through the basic questions on choosing an alkaline lifestyle best for you.
About Water Alkalisers
"Water alkaliser; a device using ionisation to create separated alkaline water."
The water we drink has within it a myriad of minerals, both acid and alkaline.
Acid minerals rust and oxidise, alkaline minerals donate energy to the body in the form of negative ions.
By running tap water through a water Alkaliser, the water is:
- Filtered of organics and chlorine
- Separated into twin separate streams; acid and alkaline.
- Negatively charged with hydrogen ions
- Oxygen supporting
- Reformatted at a molecular level into ‘wetter’ ‘smaller’ water
- Delivered in a form that becomes a source of abundant antioxidants.
The diagram below shows a typical flow of water through a water alkalizer:
If you’re really interested, read on…
Stage One: Filtering
It’s an accepted fact that our tap water, filled with industrial waste and discarded pharmaceuticals, requires intense filtering for optimum health. It’s also true that many people aren’t aware of exactly what different types of water filters can and can’t remove. So, the first part of any good water treatment involves the filtering of the incoming water supply.
The first thing a water ionizer does to your input tap water is filter it using a combination of bacteriological and particulate control incorporating silver-activated charcoal, the most accepted and proven method on the market. Your water passes through an ultra-fine Biostone Filter which removes the following:
- Inorganic Chemicals
- Organic Chemicals
- Volatile Organic chemicals
Jupiter Biostone Filters
What it DOESN’T filter out is soluble minerals. This means that the ionizer, unlike distillers or reverse osmosis devices, will leave in all of the healthy minerals your body requires to function properly.
This is the way we all once had our water, all the way back to the point when we emerged from the sea.
Once the water filter has done its job, you have pure mineralised water ready for ionizing. Minerals that cannot dissolve in water, do not get through the Biostone water filter.
About The Input Water
There are many devices that claim the above qualities, and to the beginner’s eyes they might all seem similar. Some use magnets, some magnetic rock, some ceramics.
pH and O.R.P.
However there is a very clear way to demonstrate the effectiveness of the water ionizers. For this we use the two measurements of pH (acid/alkaline) and Oxidation/Reduction Potential.(O.R.P.)
When your tap water arrives at your home, it will usually be a little over neutral in pH ~ around 7.5.
It will, however, be robbed of its electrical negative charge and will almost always have a ‘positive’ O.R.P. . This means it has no antioxidant abilities and cannot assist your body in the fight against oxygen free radicals. On the contrary, it actually robs you of energy as you drink it.
The measurement of this positive or negative charge is expressed in millivolts, so an ORP reading on our ORP meter of tap water will most likely show around +350 millivolts. After it has been through Ionizing Water filters it will most likely show anything from -150 to -650mv (depending on the amount of soluble minerals in the water and on the original pH of the water).
What is ‘enough’ ORP?
Here’s where it gets a little tricky. Some device vendors claim antioxidant effect because their water units reduce the positive charge (+350mv). What they don’t tell you is that they don’t reduce it enough to turn it negative. ONLY when your water shows a negative ORP (less than zero) is it antioxidant capable. Claims to the contrary are like saying ‘Well, your car is still muddy, but look how well we partially cleaned it!’
It’s a similar situation with alkalinity. As we already mentioned, your water is already arriving at your sink with a mild alkalinity. That’s because local authorities ‘doctor’ it with lime to keep it the alkaline side of acid, for two reasons;
They are bound by law to do so
Acid (less than pH 7) water is a willing host for microorganisms, bacteria and viruses. It also rips heavy metals from plumbing in older homes, depositing a toxic laden glass full of water first thing in the morning.
The Right pH
Scientists at Shiga university in Japan have conducted long term research into optimum alkalinity of drinking water for health, and have determined it to be from pH 8 to 9.5. Our own research has confirmed that no other devices we know of are capable of delivering a precise pH with a range all the way from neutral up to pH 10.
If you are considering other devices please keep these two important facts in mind.
- You need a negative charge in your drinking water for it to be at all antioxidant.
- You need the ability to adjust pH for each individual user or family member.
The success of Ionizing water filters worldwide is due primarily to the marriage of technology and age-old water principles in the form of computerized individual pH and ORP capabilities. The precision of this onboard computerized measurement cannot be duplicated in systems without electricity, no matter what claims are made.
Stage Two: Ionizing – Platinum Coated Titanium Ionizing Cell
Your water now enters the ionization chamber. Here it has a very specific low voltage electric current passed through it, which causes the soluble minerals in it to be attracted to either a positive ‘pole’ or a negative ‘pole’ depending on their own electrical energy signature. When this happens, the water separates into alkaline and acid streams. We drink the alkaline water and we use the acid water externally, for skin, healing, plants and disinfecting.
This function is under the watchful eye of the ‘brains’ of the water ionizer, a solid state onboard computer (MICOM) that determines the exact voltage for each user, chosen by a simple press of a button.
The real beauty of this process is the fact that the minerals in the water that flow out with the alkaline water are all beneficial, while the minerals that flow out with the acid water are, in the main, not. Thus, you drink purified, beneficially mineralised alkaline water. Minerals and mineral compounds such as fluoride, flow out in the acid water.
Dissociation of Water Molecule
At the same time, the alkaline water undergoes a profound change. From ordinary H20 it becomes OH- . This means it becomes a powerful antioxidant formula at an atomic level. It also means that it changes the way its molecules group together. Instead of ‘clumping’ in large groups of 12 molecules, it gathers in much smaller (around half the size) groups. This is why people refer to the experience of drinking from water ionizers as effortless, or ‘silken’.
According to Dr. Hayashi, of the Japanese Water Institute, this change of molecular form signifies the ability to penetrate tissue and cell walls far more easily. This may be why many people experience detoxification effects in the first few weeks of drinking the water, as it infiltrates areas that have not been reachable with ordinary H2O. This is why it is also called ‘Micro clustered’ water.
Remember, it’s not about how good your water filter is or how long it will last. It’s about how long YOU want to last and how good YOUR life will be!
Read More ↓
Read Less ↑
Obviously choosing the best of something one knows little about isn’t the easiest process.…
As New Zealands longest standing supplier we have chosen the Alkamedi as the best that is available and can honestly say the quality of the machine and water is second to non.
Alkamedi is “Simply the Best”
Most ionizing water ionizers do what they are designed to do.
There are now (at last count) around fifty models on the market, from Taiwan, China, and Korea.
But What Should I Look For?
Most people are looking for :-
- The Easiest operation.
- The easiest and most functional installation.
- The most reliable.
- The best support and warranty.
- The Best Performer.
The Easiest and most kitchen-friendly
All Alkaway NZ water alkalizers have either inline or onboard flow control. This gives you the assurance and security of similar pH water output with every use.
- The Alkamedi Ionizers are the best in function, appearance and quality.
- The Alkamedi is a very powerful, self cleaning and the best ionizer that we have seen.
Read More ↓
Read Less ↑
50 Fascinating Facts
- We are 90% water at birth, slowly reducing to as little as 10% in old age.
- Reduction in body hydration or body water has been linked with increasing acidification of the body.
- Enzyme absorption may be directly related to correct body pH levels. This would mean an acidic body = low enzyme absorption.
- Absorption of minerals from supplement and food absorption may be directly related to pH balance of the body. Iodine, as an example, may not be absorbed except by a perfectly pH balanced body.
- All major organs work in service of the blood. If blood pH lowers (i.e. becomes more acidic) all other body functions are used to support correction to pH 7.35
- If our blood pH drops from 7.35 to lower than 7, we may lapse into a coma and die.
- Breath is a major alkalizer. Deep breathing converts waste carbonic acid into CO2 (exhaled) and harmless salts.
- Virtually all food contains acids. Far fewer foods contain alkalis. The recommended 80/20 ratio of alkaline to acid foods has been reversed by the SAD (Standard Australian Diet) to more like 90% acidic food and 10% alkaline.
- People who claim they don’t eat enough to get fat, but pile on the kilos anyway, may be right. If they have a stressful life, and eat acidic foods, the body may be using consumed fat to stash acidic wastes on hips, thighs and belly. It does this to protect overloaded kidneys.
- US Studies indicate that the older we get the more acidic we get.
- Inflammation can be caused by acid, but acids can be caused by inflammation. Acids are a by-product of any stressful event in the body.
- Chronic fatigue may be seen as stress causing, acidity causing, inflammation causing, stress causing, acidity causing!
- Acidity is considered by many alkaline researchers to be the precursor to every illness ending with ‘itis’.
- Over eating does not assist energy. In fact excess food intake ends up as acidic waste that may actually poison you.
- The more acidic we become the more water we may need to drink because we becomes less able to absorb water in a dehydrated acidic body.
- 8 glasses of water a day is not a proven formula for health. 8 glasses equal 2 litres of water but we lose a net average of 2.6 litres of water a day.
- The state of your acid/alkaline balance is now considered by alkaline reserachers to be a major determinant in your ability to hydrate sufficiently.
- The pH of your between-cell (interstitial) fluid may determine the ability for the mitochondria inside your cell to transfer electrical energy out of the cell.
- Our interstitial fluid is very similar to the mineral content of the sea. It is alkaline, saline and mineralised. It follows, therefore, that if we drink pure water we may dilute the mineral and pH balance of our interstitial fluid.
- Pure mineral free water is not a part of human history. We have evolved to expect mineralised water. Distilled and Reverse Osmosis water, therefore, are unhealthy and unnatural.
- Your stomach is not a permanent bag of acid. It only receives acid when food is detected and analysed by nerves in the mouth. After receiving this ‘analysis report’ the nervous system requests the blood system to release both hydrochloric acid from its store, plus bicarbonate of soda to protect the stomach wall. As we age, we lose our ability to supply enough acid to our stomachs because as we acidify, our blood becomes a less efficient transport system of acids and alkalis. It thickens up. A.K.A ‘High Blood Pressure’.
- An alkaline substance is not necessarily a liquid with more alkaline minerals than acid minerals in it. ‘Alkaline’ refers to the ability of a liquid to produce more hydroxyl ions (negatively charged hydrogen atoms) than positively charged hydrogen ions. It is possible, using electrolysis, to produce water that has high Hydroxyl ions without high alkaline mineral content. It is not the alkaline minerals that work on the body to create the perfect pH working environment; it is the Hydrogen ions.
- One good fright crossing the road may create enough stress to turn an alkaline balanced body into immediate acidic state.
- Watching the news at seven may beacidifying.
- Getting caught in a traffic jam may beacidifying.
- Running a sprint or a vigorous workout may be acidifying.
- Gentle exercise may be alkalizing.
- Meditation may be alkalizing.
- The Shaolin monks of China are known to be highly alkaline.
- Acidic blood is capable of holding far less oxygen than alkaline blood.
- After a rich protein or carbohydrate (sugary) meal, our urine pH may become alkaline. Protein and sugar nourishment then may create acidity in the body not only by the production of sulphuric, phosphoric, nitric, uric, lactic and acetylaldehyde acids, respectively, but also through the formation and excretion of alkalis in the urine. This may be a double loss of alkalis.
- When our bodies are acidic, none of our systems may work properly. We may be on permanent ’tilt’.
- Sweat is basically acidic waste, excreted via the skin. It has a double purpose of maintaining skin’s resistance to bacteria. When we wash sweat off the skin with alkaline soap, we expose our skin to bacteria without defences. Acid water is an excellent bacterial protection for our skin.
- The plague of Osteoporosis affecting Western women and to a lesser extent, men, may be a direct result of an acidic lifestyle.
- Alkaline food and water are both natural antioxidants because natural antioxidants are Hydroxyl ions, which are a major component of water.
- Guilt may be acidifying. Any trauma we choose to hold in our body may be stored as acidic waste.
- Acidic people may be on an ‘acid trip’. They may crave the ‘high’ an acid snack gives them but disconnect from the acid ‘low’ that comes soon after.
- Weight loss may come more naturally to alkaline balanced people because they have less inflammation and no need to store acid excess in fats.
- Meat products are extremely acid forming foods.
- It may be common that you also lose your sweet tooth as you become more alkaline
- Love alkalizes. No ‘may be’s’ about it.
- Chemically grown or processed food is often more acidic.
- Because there is no payoff for the medical industry, acid/alkaline balance is seldom discussed in mainstream medicine. This has nothing to do with its efficacy and everything to do with its ease of implementation and low cost.
- Balance is the key; when we are out of balance we apply more pressure or input to the opposite. That’s why alkalizing may be necessary. Most of us may be already seriously unbalanced towards acidity.
- Think of your extra weight as a parking lot to park excess metabolic or dietary acid that is not being eliminated through urination, perspiration, respiration or defecation. Fat may be saving people from the excess acidity. It is not fat that makes you overweight; it may beacid from an acidic lifestyle and diet.
- Fat may be one of the body’s best alkaline buffers, because of its ability to take on extra acids or hydrogen ions on its carbon chain.
- Insulin may spike when we are acidic.
- One of the most dangerous acids in the body is sugar, in any form. That includes sucrose, fructose, glucose, maltose, dextrose.
- Insulin is an alkaline buffer. And it may spike in order to neutralize an excess spike in acidity from acidic food, drink or metabolism. So if insulin is spiking, then acid may bespiking, and the body may be in a defensive mechanism to bring back the delicate pH balance of the fluids of the body at 7.35.
- All high-glycaemic foods are acidic. Lemons and limes are not high-glycaemic because of their low sugar content and high alkaline sodium and potassium salts. Apples and oranges are high-glycaemic and will spike insulin because they are full of the acid called sugar.
Read More ↓
Read Less ↑